This would normally be the place where I’d tell all about how I got so involved with the teachings of Ayn Rand that I could hardly function as a human being— and then my friends gave me a surprise hot-tub party. Unfortunately, I just can’t think of a great excuse like that at the moment. I suppose I’ll just skip the intro and go straight into explaining that the following is a TMI Tuesday which I, in a brazen display of utter disregard for propriety, have just performed on a Thursday. You may now emit shocked gasps and fan yourselves vigorously.
- 1. Which religion or faith do you belong to, if any?
- I’m pretty much a None Of The Above. True story, I once took a semi-serious online questionnaire designed to match one’s beliefs with a compatible organized religion. It told me I’d be most compatible with: Secular Humanism, Unitarian Universalism, and a form of Buddhism.
- 2. What is your opinion of Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays?
- I say Happy Holidays for two reasons. One, I can’t simply assume that you’re going to celebrate Christmas. Two, there are other holidays this time of year. New Year’s Eve, for one.
- 3. Holiday music on the radio? When and how much?
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I’d like to seal all those worn out old tunes in a time capsule and give them a rest for at least a decade or two.
- 4. When do you start decorating? Do you?
- I’m not the type to throw up lights as soon as the turkey’s cleared the table. That’s too early, I think. I may put some lights up this weekend.
- 5. White lights or multi-colored?
- Multi-colored lights tend to give off a random, thrown-together look.
- 6. Gift cards, cash, or actually shopped-for presents?
- Sure. I’m not picky.
- 7. Christmas cards and/or family update letters are…
- Well, it’s the thought that counts.
- 8. Snow is…
- 9. Have you been a good little boy or girl this year?
- Yes. Mostly. I mean, there were those parking tickets.
- 10. RAPID FIRE FAVORITES:
1. Food – Yes.
2. Dessert – Double yes.
3. Drink – Triple yes.
4. Holiday movie – Gremlins
5. Holiday music – See #3.
6. Holiday tradition – Eating and drinking.