Hooray, it’s Thanksgiving! A holiday celebrating the simple sentiment of counting one’s blessings. Also, gluttony. And tomorrow, covetousness! Aren’t we a grand culture?
Social commentary aside, I’m in the midst of an epic round of cookery, so I’ve decided to crib a questionnaire from Cubby at Patently Queer. Let’s begin, shall we?
- Do you travel or stay local? Family or Friends? Host or Guest?
- I travel, but locally. I visit family of friends. I hosted last year, but I’m guesting this year. I choose All Of The Above. I give terrible answers, don’t I?
- Parade: Love it? Leave it? Never let it go?
- Leave it! I know it’s a tradition and all, but I really can’t get into it. Maybe if it were convenient to watch it in person, I’d feel differently.
- Favorite Food?
- My favorite foods of Thanksgiving are certainly the starches: the mashed potatoes with gravy, the candied yams, the savory stuffing, dinner rolls, cookies, etc. etc. etc.
- Favorite holiday movie or do you watch football?
- I don’t watch the football. I hear it, though. Oh, do I ever hear it.
- If you do holiday decorations, for which holiday and when?
- I used to get excited over Halloween, but I’ve since decided not to go out of my way to please trick-or-treaters. If there were going to be some sort of spooky soirée, I’d feel differently. I’d consider putting out a cornucopia or something for Thanksgiving dinner, if I were to host a large number of guests. For Christmas, I’ve got Robo-Tree. Unfortunately, I’ve just been informed that Robo-Tree’s novelty has worn off and that he’ll be replaced with extreme prejudice. I wouldn’t consider putting up any Christmas décor prior to the 12th, as the first of the twelve days of Christmas.