Well, it’s happened again. I missed my own Bloggaversary in the chaos of the past month. It was in August, 2006 that I posted the first few messages on this blog. 2006? I feel like such an old-timer now.
Now that that’s out of the way, there are a couple of upcoming events that have caught my interest:
- Five on the Fifth
- As summer reluctantly starts to edge into Autumn, we look to the September ’5 on the fifth’. Take 5 photographs on the days leading up to the 5th and publish those on your own blog and then link to State of the Nation UK so that others can find your images. You can either take 5 random pictures or follow this months theme: MESS.
- Readers Imbibing Peril
- From September 1 to October 31, the RIP challenge invites readers to to enjoy books that could be classified as: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, and Supernatural. The goals are to 1) Have fun reading and 2) Share that fun with others.
- 24 Hour Comics Day
- This is something that I’ve known about for a long time, but I only seem to remember about it once it’s too late. The challenge? Produce a 24-page comic book in 24 hours: write, draw, ink, color and letter.
- From November 1 to November 30 is National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel by 11:59:59, November 30. It doesn’t even have to be a good novel— the important thing is to make the attempt.
- Other Awesome Things
- I feel like there should be a fifth item, if only because a good list has three, five, or ten items. I’m sure there’s some other interesting activities out there, but for whatever reason, I seem find out about then after they’re over. Therefore, the fifth slot is reserved for “Awesome thing that I heard about too late.”