The TV Challenge Continues…
I’m not too inspired by the next few topics, so I’m going to fast-forward through them. You don’t mind, do you? No, I didn’t think so.
- Who is your favorite game show host? Who is your least favorite?
- I know I’m supposed to say Bob Barker, or Alex Trebek, or even Guy Smiley, but…
In the Doctor Who episode, “Bad Wolf,” the Anne Droid was was host of The Weakest Link in the year 200100. It was an ornery robot who blasted losing contestants into atoms.
- Marathons, Have you watched any TV marathons? In part? In whole? Is there a show you’d like to see run an all day marathon? On the flipside is there a show you’d avoid in marathon?
- I watched part of a marathon of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations once. I don’t really have the patience anymore to sit passively in front of the TV for more than two hours. Has the modern age shredded our collective attention spans, or what?
- Out of curiosity, what’s the longest you’ve ever watched TV in one stretch?!
- I’m guessing it’s probably something like six hours, and probably happened when I had the flu or something like that. Of course, I wouldn’t really call it “watching.” I’d describe it more as “being barely conscious with my eyes pointed vaguely in the direction of the TV set.”