While today may have been Gay Crown Friday, I somehow forgot to actually make the darn crown. Do’oh! How about a banana hat, instead?
I’ll make up for it by answering yet another Friday Five.
- 1. If you owned a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?
- I know that even a clever gimmick can’t cover for unremarkable food, so I’d serve the good, tasty dishes that I’d want to eat myself. And yes, that includes the pesto/polynesian swirl pizza with roasted garlic, red onions and sausage. It’s good. I probably wouldn’t be able to sell any, but it’s good.
- 2. What is your favorite restaurant and why?
- Do I have to choose just one? My favor depends strongly on what time of day it is and what I’m in the mood for. Right now, I happen to think Casa de Pico is good.
- 3. What is your favorite fast food place?
- Ugh. I’m really, really tired of fast food. I suppose the current answer is Chic-fil-a, since that’s what I was least tired of today.
- 4. If you had to choose only one type of food to eat for a year, what would it be?
- This is a very broad question, since type can be interpreted in many ways. I think I’ll interpret it to mean style of cuisine, as in Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, Indian, etc. By answering this way, I could keep a bit of variety in my menu. So the question is whether to pick a cuisine that I am already familiar with and may grow tired of, or one that I’ve little experience with and can thus spend time exploring? I think I’d do best to choose something between the two extremes, such as Italian. I have a few favorite dishes, but I know that there are countless others that I have yet to try.
- 5. What is your favorite cereal?
- Again, a question that could be interpreted in two ways. Cereals are grains such as wheat, rice, oats, barley, corn, etc. Most varieties of cereals are also processed into breakfast cereals (though I can’t think of a rye-based breakfast cereal). In the first interpretation, I’m fond of barley, for it is made into beer. In the second interpretation, I think I currently prefer Special K.