I’m uninspired, so it’s time for the Weather Meme.
A meme inspired by an unseasonably hot day yesterday. It’s my meme so I get to make the rules, which means that there are no rules. Change the questions, add questions, do whatever the hell you want. It’s so damned hot here that I won’t care.
- How do you cope with hot weather?
- I believe that the secret is to just get used to it. Staying out of the sun is also a good idea.
- When does the heat make you most crazy?
- When it’s too hot to even sleep.
- Where do you go to get air conditioning?
- I have an air conditioner in my living room, and I am not afraid to use it.
- Your favorite place to sleep in hot weather?
Surrounded by fans. Electric fans, not grown men in Stormtrooper costumes. (That’s for cold weather.)
- Your favorite hot weather food?
- A few weeks ago, I made the most delicious chicken kebabs, with onion, pineapple, red bell pepper and yellow rice on the side. I should have made them again tonight.
- Your favorite people to visit in the hot weather?
- People who live somewhere not so hot? But seriously, I’ll tell you who I won’t visit. People who have no air conditioners, but who shut up their houses tight to keep in "morning coolness" but who also turn on incandescent lights, TV’s, and the stove. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. You know what would make it even better? If they were smoking. Yeah… I’ll just be outside. It may be ever so imperceptibly warmer outside, but at least it’s not stuffy.
- Your favorite way to wear your hair in the hot weather?
- I’m not sure, but "gone" sounds pretty tempting.
- Your favorite hot weather drink?
- I should really say plain old water, but there’s nothing like a really good iced tea or real homemade lemonade.
- Is hot weather good for anything?
- Hot weather accomplishes many things, but I’m not sure any of those are particularly good. For example, it dries out vegetation which can become a fire hazard later in the year, it raises the demand for electricity because of all the people staying home and firing up their air conditioners and television sets, and it can even kill people that don’t have air conditioners. It also makes me appreciate the milder seasons a lot more. Hooray, autumn!