Here’s another one of those "your music player is a fortune teller" memes. The rules are simple: put your music player on shuffle, press forward for each question and use the song title as the answer.
Oh, great and powerful Amarok, tell me the answers to all of life’s mysteries.
- What does next year have in store for me?
- "Veritech Attack" by Pajama Crisis
Maybe these will be miniature, human-sized Veritechs piloted by Space Littles.
- What’s my love life like?
- "Dick Tracy" by The Ventures
Comic-strip Film Noir meets Surf Rock. Great.
- What do I say when life gets hard?
- "Bob’s Theory of Ten Storied Houses" by Phil’s Finest Hour
"Bob would claim the world was run by robots. He came to this apparent understanding while watching the metrics of LSD."
- What do I think of on waking up?
- "Why Am I Treated So Bad" by Cannonball
It’s probably for constantly claiming that the world is run by robots.
- What song will I dance to at my wedding?
- "Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (reprise)" by The Beatles
Assuming that the Space Littles in their miniature Veritechs don’t get to me first.
- What do I want as a career?
- "Evening at Lafitte’s" by Squirrel Nut Zippers
That’s a place where everything’s so fascinating
It’s a place for dancing and romancing
That’s a place where you and me should go if we were lovers
Stealing an evening at Lafitte’s
So I want to do… what, exactly?
- My favorite saying?
- "Act I: Garibaldi’s Nightmare" by Christopher Franke
"And so… it begins"
- Favorite place?
- "Minuet in Jazz" by Raymond Scott
Apparently, my favorite place is some kind of Loony Tunes fantasia.
- What do I think of my parents?
- "MegaMan2" by Minibosses
Can I switch the last two around? No? Whatever.
- What’s my porn star name?
- "Hell" by Squirrel Nut Zippers
I don’t want to be known as the Squirrel Nut anything.
- Where would I go on a first date?
- "Fight" by JunkieXL
I guess going to see a fight is better than going to Hell.
- Drug of choice?
- "Tschaikowsky’s Symphony No. 5 in E Minor, Op 64 – Andante cantabile" by Tschaikowsky
Apparently, it’s to be a snob.
- Describe myself.
- "Babyface" by U2
Hey, Amarok picked it, not me.
- What is the thing I like doing most?
- "Sea of Sorrow" by Alice in Chains
I think it means looking to the future rather than wallowing in the past. Okay, fine.
- What is my state of mind like at the moment?
- "Cool Runnings" by Crying Out Loud
Sorry, what? I was too busy watching the paint peel and the grass grow.
- How will I die?
- "One Tree Hill" by U2
As a martyr to the idea of freedom of speech?
Well, crap.I guess it beats choking to death on a ham sandwich.