I considered the title "Friday Furries" but thought it would send the wrong message.
- 1. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- Are you asking if I am friendly, gregarious, and loyal, or am I aloof, independent, and fickle? Well, you should know by now that the answer to that is found more toward the latter than the former. This is not to say that I don’t demonstrate the former qualities, just that I may first need to be coaxed down from the bookshelf with a saucer of milk and a few sweet words.
- 2. Do you have pets? If so, what are they?
- I have fish. They don’t bark or claw the furniture, and won’t go far if they get loose.
- 3. Are your pets animals or a part of the family?
- Although they technically are animals, I feel about as much emotional attachment to them as I would to a house plant: something that needs a few daily moments of care and is nice to look at now and then.
- 4. If you could have any wild animal as a pet,… and it would be safe and possible, what would it be and why?
- Here’s where I’m supposed to say, "Oh, I’d have a tiger. No, an elephant!" and then explain how I feel really attuned to the spirit of the tiger and how an elephant would impress the hell out of my friends. And it probably would up until it stomped on them.
No, I’d ask for some sort of beautiful sea creature, one that glimmers wih the same dazzling electric blue that first enthralled me with the world of tropical fish. Something like this…